ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
AEL Technology Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is provided to give our customers, authors and users a clear understanding of what AEL Technology expects of them while using the service. All users of AEL Technology services must comply with this AUP and our TOS (Terms of Service).
We do not actively monitor user activity under normal circumstances. However, in accordance with our TOS (Terms of Service), we may remove any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate this AUP. AEL Technology may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrongdoing. Your violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or immediate termination of your AEL Technology account or other actions WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
This document is intended to provide a basic understanding of AEL Technology Acceptable Use Policy. The following are guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of AEL Technology AUP:
- Ensure reliable service to our customers
- Ensure security and privacy of our systems and network, as well as the networks and systems of others
- Comply with existing laws
- Maintain our reputation as a responsible service provider
- Encourage responsible use of the Internet and discourage activities which reduce the usability and value of Internet services
- Preserve the value of Internet resources as a conduit for free expression and exchange of information
- Preserve the privacy and security of individual users
We do not routinely monitor the activity of accounts except for measurements of system utilization and the preparation of billing records. However, in our efforts to promote good citizenship within the Internet community, we will respond appropriately if we become aware of inappropriate use of our service.
You may not use your service subscription(s) to publish material, which AEL Technology determines, at its sole discretion, to be unlawful, indecent or objectionable. For purposes of this policy, “material” refers to all forms of communications including narrative descriptions, graphics (including photographs, illustrations, images, drawings, logos), executable programs, video recordings, and audio recordings.
If an AEL Technology account is used to violate the Acceptable Use Policy or our TOS, we reserve the right to terminate your service without notice. We prefer to advise customers of inappropriate behaviour and any necessary corrective action, however, flagrant violations of the Acceptable Use Policy will result in immediate termination of service. Our failure to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so at any time.
As a member of our network community, you must use your Internet access responsibly. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us.
The following constitute violations of this AUP:
- Illegal use:AEL Technology services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities. This includes but is not limited to:
- Stolen or unauthorized software and game activation keys
- Scripts, programs, or tools designed to steal software and game activation keys
- Scripts, software, or tools designed to exploit vulnerabilities in software and games
- Any other script, software, or product that AEL Technology deems unacceptable for delivery on our network due to legal or ethical concerns.
- Harm to minors:Use of the AEL Technology service to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way, including, but not limited to child pornography.
- Threats:Use of the AEL Technology service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment:Use of the AEL Technology service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Fraudulent activity: Use of AEL Technology service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes,” “Ponzi schemes,” and “chain letters.”
- Forgery or impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
- Unsolicited commercial e-mail / unsolicited bulk e-mail (SPAM): Use of the AEL Technology service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited.
- E-mail / News Bombing:Malicious intent to impede another person’s use of electronic mail services or news will result in the immediate termination of the offending AEL Technology account.
- E-mail / Message Forging: Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through the AEL Technology service is in violation of this AUP.
- Usenet Spamming: AEL Technology has a zero tolerance policy for the use of its network for the posting of messages or commercial advertisements, which violate the rules, regulations, FAQ or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list. Commercial messages that are appropriate under the roles of a newsgroup or mailing list or that are solicited by the recipients are permitted.
- Unauthorized access:Use of the AEL Technology service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of AEL Technology or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending AEL Technology account is subject to immediate termination.
- Copyright or trademark infringement: Use of the AEL Technology service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting, hot linking, directly linking or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Collection of personal data: Use of the AEL Technology service to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Network disruptions and unfriendly activity: Use of the AEL Technology service for any activity which affects the ability of other people or systems to use AEL Technology Services or the Internet.
- Net Send Spam:The use of the net send utility to send unsolicited bulk communication is prohibited. This technique may result in account suspension or termination. Violations of this policy carry severe penalties, including termination of service.
- Fraud:Involves a knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it.
- Infringement of Copyright, Patent, Trademark, Trade Secret, or Intellectual Property Right: Distribution and/or posting of copyrighted or the aforementioned infringements will not be tolerated.
- Distribution of Viruses:Intentional distributions of software that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems are prohibited. Such an offense will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
- Third Party Accountability:AEL Technology subscribers will be held responsible and accountable for any activity by third parties, using their account that violates guidelines created within the Acceptable Use Policy.
- IRC networks: It is absolutely forbidden to host an IRC server that is part of or connected to another IRC network or server. Servers found to be connecting to or part of these networks will be immediately removed from our network without notice. The server will not be reconnected to the network until such time that you agree to completely remove any and all traces of the irc server, and agree to let us have access to your server to confirm that the content has been completely removed. Any server guilty of a second violation will result in immediate account termination.
- Peer to Peer Software (File Sharing):The use of Peer to Peer or file sharing software to permit the sharing, copying or distribution of unauthorized copyrighted material on the AEL Technology service is prohibited. Use of such software could result in suspension of service.
You are responsible for any misuse of your account, even if the inappropriate activity was committed by a friend, family member, guest or employee. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain unauthorized access to your account. In addition, you may not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server.
Your password provides access to your account. It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. Sharing your password and account access with unauthorized users is prohibited. You should take care to prevent others from using your account since you will be held responsible for such use. Attempting to obtain another user’s account password is strictly prohibited, and may result in termination of service.
You must adopt adequate security measures to prevent or minimize unauthorized use of your account.
You may not attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network or account. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for you, logging into or making use of a server or account you are not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other networks. Use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security is prohibited. Examples of these tools include, but are not limited to, password guessing programs, cracking tools or network probing tools. Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability.
AEL Technology accounts operate on shared resources. Excessive use or abuse of these shared network resources by one customer may have a negative impact on all other customers. Misuse of network resources in a manner which impairs network performance is prohibited by this policy and may result in termination of your account.
You are prohibited from excessive consumption of resources, including CPU time, memory, disk space, and bandwidth and session time. You may not use resource-intensive programs which negatively impact other customers or the performances of AEL Technology systems or networks. AEL Technology reserves the right to terminate or limit such activities.
Reporting violations of AEL Technology AUP
AEL Technology requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP direct the information to AEL Technology.
AEL Technology may take any one or more of the following actions in response to complaints:
- Issue written or verbal warnings
- Suspend the Member’s account
- Terminate the Member’s account
- Bill the Member for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges
- Bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, cause by violations
Revisions to this Acceptable Use Policy
AEL Technology reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this AUP, our TOS (Terms of Service) and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted in accordance with our TOS (Terms of Service).
Last Update: 01 February 2016